Search

2011-04-25

New Ghibl Blu-Ray Discs in Australia

Studio Ghibli fans in Australia have a couple more reasons to feel happy these days.  Castle in the Sky and My Neighbors the Yamadas are now available on Blu-Ray in stores across the country.  We should see these discs released in the UK later this year, and in the US somewhere between now and the apocalypse.

If you've seen the Nausicaa BD, then you'll know what to expect in presentation, packaging and picture quality.  These releases should be excellent all around, and you'll be putting these movies into heavy rotation at your house.  Whenever I can actually get my Sony HDTV to work, I'm always watching Castle in the Sky and taking in all the rich, luminous colors.  Great fun!

3 comments:

Thomas said...

Australians favour yellow subtitles for some strange reason. Subs must be white for me to buy the films.

Unknown said...

They're coming to the UK on 9th May in a Blu-ray/DVD double pack. This should get more people giving the Blu-ray :)

Michael said...

Next stop USA...I hope...

More Ghibli Blog Posts To Discover